Saturday, January 16, 2010

Running 2 days is a row = Tough

So, I ran the same run again today. I think I'm going to have to change up my runs fairly frequently, because I'm already growing bored with the scenery. With the mapping tool at my disposal though, I don't think that will be a problem. I need to drive through a few neighborhoods to make sure they're safe before I map my way through them.

My goodness I'm sweating like a pig. Another 25 minute run today. The first half took me nearly a full minute less time than it did yesterday, which is why I was sooooo tired after the first half of the run today. I believe my running speed is affected by the beat of the music on my iPod. The faster the beat, the faster my steps. That's bad in so far as it's subconsciously controlling my pace. That's good in so far as I'm varying my pace and getting used to the difference between them. It's definitely noticeable. I didn't know there was an 'e' in noticeable - thank you spell check.

I may have to get the timing counts for a variety of the music that I run to and make sure they're all about the same. I can make faster mixes for faster days and slower mixes for slower days. For example, Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl" has a definite noticeable back beat that makes my feet want to hit the pavement at a particular pace. He said because he was listening to it even now. Where as Cascada's "Evacuate the Dance Floor" is a bit faster. Hmm, something to think about.

Update: 25 minutes, ~2.0 miles. Weight - who knows? But I feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment