Monday, January 18, 2010

Oh, Sunday was yesterday?

I utterly forgot to post about my Sunday run. It was amazing. We run as a group (but we don't talk about Run Club) so it's a social event and it gives me the chance to get some one on one time with my coach. It's always good to get tips on form and hills and everything.

So, Sunday was a 3.5 mile run which we did in 40 minutes. That was a looooong run with a variety of big and small hills. So it was a good experience to do it all in one go. Last weekend I did it in several pieces, walking on many of the hills. So, to take a week to get back into the swing of things and hit a 40 minute run like that was a great boost to my self-esteem. Particularly coming off of last week's illness.

One thing I need to learn is not to eat so much. I need to diversify my meals, smaller portions with more green vegetables, etc. Saturday I ate an entire medium pizza. Well, in point of fact, I ate two. It *was* all I ate all day, but I shouldn't have eaten that much food. It kills the work that I've done. Now that the holidays are over I should return to a normal eating schedule. I really like salad, so it shouldn't be a burden to make and eat one every meal. I made one today.

Oh, and today was a rest day. Put my feet up and relaxed. No tae kwon do because of the holiday.

Update: 40 minutes, 3.5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment